Women made big breakthroughs in 2017, but there is so much more to do. With the current administration, it sometimes feels that we are living in a past decade without the gains in gender equity. We still face barriers in workplace equality and continue to be underrepresented in leadership roles. Our district has had one woman legislative representative for the past 10 years. It's time for change.
As a Delegate, Leslie will:
- Work to pass legislation that allows daycare fees to be paid with pre-tax dollars.
- Fight for paid parental leave legislation and the elimination of the gender pay gap.
- Work to increase the minimum wage at a state level.
- Work to invest in job training and workforce development so that women can increase their employment opportunities.
- Ensure that women maintain full control over their own bodies.
- Work to shift the culture of Annapolis away from the Good Old Boys' Club to one of gender equity.